1 Day Kampala City walking tour
This Kampala walking tour gives you the insights of the vibrant city of Uganda. This tour gets you close to the lives of the people dwelling in Kampala, get to know more about downtown Kampala than you would do when on a normal Kampala city tour. This Kampala walking tour allows you to experience the day to day energy found in this vibrant city, its people and offers the best sightseeing while on foot.
Highlights of the tour
- Experience the beauty of Kampala on foot
- Get to see the vibrant energy in the city
- Visit Uganda local markets to see how people survive in the city
- Get to know the history, culture and stories behind Uganda and its City
What Activities to do
- This Kampala walking tour starts with a pick from your place of stay and transfer to the walking starting point. Walk to the Uganda Parliament to see the place where the Uganda rules and regulations are made and put into place for the people to follow. You can opt to visit the Independence monument and get to know the history behind Uganda’s independence.
- Stroll downwards thereafter to Nakasero food market and see stalls all filled up with fresh aromatic foods. The people here are welcoming and all eager to sell to you their produce. Take a look at the precious fresh fruits, green vegetables, piles of fresh foods and much more.
- We continue downwards to the old taxi park where you will be amazing by the sea of taxis in this place. get a chance to see them loading and off-loading people, taxis going in and out and this all seems like an endless sequence in the city Centre.
- The Owino market formerly known as St. Balikudembe is one of the landmarks to visit while on your city walk. One of the largest markets known for selling second hand fabrics on a very friendly price. You will be amazed by the venders calling onto your names like Muzungu and others holding onto your arm so that you buy from them and much more.
- We can end the tour with a visit to the famous Gadaffi mosque with gives you a chance to see the whole of downtown Kampala.
This walking tour is one of a must do. Get a chance to taste some of the local products by various venders and more. The tour ends with a drop off back to your place of stay and is about 2-4hours.
The places visited differ and can change according to the physique you have as a people.
- A knowledge guide about Kampala
- Pick-ups and drop-offs
- Bottled water
- Tips and graditutes
- Any personal interests.