1 Day Sipi Falls Tour
This 1 Day Sipi falls tour is one of the best adventure tours for nature and hike lovers. This tour launches you to Eastern Uganda where the breathtaking Sipi falls are found on addition with the largest volcanic base and Caldera Lake are located in Mountain Elgon ranges. These falls also act as a starting point for Mountain Elgon hikers.
The stunning Sipi falls comprises of three different waterfalls flowing over cliffs and hills with each waterfall showing astonishing beauty from the other. The Sipi falls are in view of the Mountain Elgon along the border of Uganda and Kenya. The hike to the falls gives you a chance to view the Elgon ranges, community farmlands, coffee plantations and much more the Eastern side has got to offer.
Sipi Falls Tour highlights.
- Wonderful hike of the 3 waterfalls
- A walk through Eastern region communities
- The best views of the region
- Exciting road trip
- Sipi falls day programme
How to get there?
The tour starts with pick up by our driver and set for your course at around 6am. Travel via Kampala Jinja highway passing through Uganda largest rainforest that is Mabira, cross over the Longest River Nile, and pass via the adrenaline capital of East Africa which is Jinja. Continue to Mbale where you will arrive to Sipi falls for you adventure. This road trip is one of the best and takes you about 4 hours.
Sipi Falls Hike
This is the highlight of the day; Get a brief about the activity on arrival, grab hiking stick to start is amazing adventure with accompany of a local experienced guide.
- Set out to hike the top waterfalls, descending to the second then followed the third with a height of 85m, 75m and 100m respectively. This trail passes through village paths, giving you an insight in local livelihoods, traditional farms, coffee plantations and some of the great views nature holds.
- Hiking each set of the water falls gives you a whole new different experience which include a view of the karamong plains, descend steep slopes with challenging experiences, see caves along your hike, feel the cool breeze of the waters, a sparking rainbow to mention but a few.
- The hike takes about 3-4hrs depending on your energy and physique. If fatigue sets in your feel to tell the guide to stop for a rest or just finish your hike.
Come for lunch at nearby lodge, relax, have refreshments and later en-route back to Kampala where you will reach in the late evening.