3 DAYS BIRDING MABAMBA SWAMP SAFARI | LAKE MBURO SAFARI
This safari ushers you to the northern shores of Lake Victoria, west of Entebbe to Mpigi district where Mabamba swamp (“The Marshy paradise for birds“) is located. After Murchison falls, Mabamba wetland an extension of marsh,papyrus and other swamp vegetation is the next destination where the elusive shoebill can be easily seen in Uganda.
Mabamba hosts a bird checklist of 260 species. Lastly you can also spot the sitatunga antelope a swamp lover antelope in this wetland.Well as Lake Mburo national park is the best place to see Zebras and the Impala with a checklist of 68 mammal species and 350 bird species.
This is the best short birding and wildlife safari full of fascinating experiences.
Day 1; To Mabamba wetland and Lake Mburo National park.
- Boat trip to Mabamba wetland (cruise on the second largest fresh water body lake in the world)
- Birding on motorized canoes (amazing experience)
- Trip to Lake Mburo for safari
- Opt wildlife drive in the wild
Pick up by the driver early morning to Entebbe for the 7am ferry crossing from Nakiwogo to Mabamba wetland. Assessing the wetland via water gives an added advantage to spot birds which you would have missed out if you traveled by land.
On reaching the wetland, the birding experience is on motorized canoes which sail you through the papyrus wetland while searching for the shoe bill popular in this place plus lots of other birds hosted by the wetland. Birding on the canoe is such a wondrous experience which adds to the checklist of this place.
Connect to Lake Mburo there after that experience with Lunch en-route. You will have your first game drive in the wild if you reach early enough in time. This will open you to the park’s wildlife like the mighty buffaloes, antelopes and more.
Meal plan; Half board.
Day 2: In Lake Mburo National park
- Exceptional horseback riding safari
- Astonishing boat trip on Lake Mburo
One of the exceptional ways to enjoy wildlife viewing is a horseback riding safari known only in Lake Mburo . It’s a safe experience both to experienced riders and amateurs your undertaking this morning. Appreciate the views of the park, see wildlife like the elands, topi, bushbucks, buffaloes, impalas, zebras, hyenas, oribi and more.
In the afternoon, cruise on famous lake Mburo with clear views of the clam water which teem wildlife including, hippos, crocodiles and birds like red-faced barbet, African finfoot, etc. Drive back to lodge there after with through the game trails where you will be able to see more animals along the way.
Meal plan; Full board.
Day 3; Travel back to Kampala
- Opt walking game safari (another way to explore the park)
- Equator stop and views (dine in any of the hemispheres)
- Road trip back to Kampala
This marks the end of the safari. and you will be heading back to Kampala. you can opt to first have a walking safari in the park to discover the park and it wildlife more on foot. Continue to Kampala with a stop at the Equator for photography, acquiring souvenirs or yourself, and a chance of standing in both hemispheres. Choose to dine in any of the hemispheres and continue to Kampala.
Meal plan; Half board
Journey time: 4-5hrs
- Hotel pick-ups and airport transfers
- Ground transport with customized 4WD vehicle and English speaking driver.
- 2 nights’ accommodation and delicious meals as per itinerary.
- Birding fees at Mabamba wetland
- Bottled water
- Park access fees.
- All activities on the itinerary
- Tips and gratitudes to drivers and guides
- luxury drinks not on the meal plan
- Visas and international flight tickets
- Telephone calls
- Any personal interests