3 DAYS GOLDEN MONKEY TRACKING SAFARI
This 3 days golden monkey tracking safari launches you to Mgahinga national park home to the endangered golden monkeys. Mgahinga is the place where gold meets with silver making it the best place to trek these beautiful monkeys.
Meet with the giant silverback gorilla and golden monkeys of this place.
Travel to the spectacular Virunga mountain ranges neighboring Rwanda and D.R.Congo where Mgahinga national park is situated. Trek the golden monkeys in the bamboo forest of Mgahinga housing about 3000-4000 individual monkeys. Tracking the golden monkeys is the next best opportunity after gorilla tracking in this park.
Day 1: To Mgahinga National park
- Road trip to Mgahinga (drive through the little Switerzland of Africa)
Today marks the beginning of our safari. Drive southwest to Mgahinga through Kabale dubbed the little Switerzland of Africa due to its coldness and hilly nature. Arrive late in the afternoon to your reserved lodge and call of the day with relaxation. Lunch en-route
Journey time: Abt 9+ hrs
Meal plan: Half board
Day 2: In Mgahinga National park
- Stunning golden monkey tracking experience
- Opt visit to Lake Bunyonyi
This is the highlight of the day golden monkey tracking. Arrive at the park headquarters in the morning to know the dos and don’ts of this activity. Thereafter hire through the Mgahinga ranges searching for the beautiful golden monkeys which mostly reside in the bamboo trees of this region. The trek offers challenges which make it more active and fun.
On locating the golden monkeys, you will be allowed a one hour interaction with them admiring how God made them all golden. Have photos of them to remember and take home.
After the trek, have lunch and opt to visit lake Bunyonyi known as “the lake with a thousand islands” for an Afternoon canoeing on this magical lake. Call off the day with dinner and a stay.
Meal plan: Full board
Day 3: From Mgahinga National park
- Road trip to Kampala
- Equator stop
Today marks the end of the amazing trip. Drive back to Kampala expecting to reach in the late afternoon or evening.
Journey time: Abt 9+hrs
Meal plan:Half board
- Golden monkey tracking permit
- English speaking driver and transportation by 4WD vehicle
- All meals per the itinerary and bottled water
- 2 nights’ accommodation
- Pick-ups and drops to your place of choice
- Personal interest of any kind
- Tips and gratitudes
- Luxurious drinks of any kind
- Visas and air tickets.
OTHER RELATED SAFARIS
- 3 DAYS GORILLA TREKKING SAFARI FLY IN KIGALI RWANDA
- 2 DAYS LAKE MBURO |HORSEBACK RIDING SAFARI
- 3 DAYS QUEEN ELIZABETH SAFARI |TREE CLIMBING LIONS
- 4 DAYS KIDEPO VALLEY SAFARIS
- 3 DAYS BIRDING MABAMBA SWAMP | LAKE MBURO SAFARI
- 9 Days Wildlife and Gorilla Safari
- 5 Days Lake Mburo, Queen Elizabeth and Bwindi