Packing for a safari. What should I take for a safari trip? Africa safari packing list while going for a safari!!
Rwanda and Uganda Safari packing list.
Many people find it hectic packing for their first safari trips to Uganda or Rwanda and it’s quite a challenge to many. A battle arises on what to wear, what to bring, what to leave out, should I bring my favourite snickers or no. Are you coming for your first safari to Africa, Uganda or Rwanda? Here is a list of some of the things you should pack on your Uganda safari and Rwanda safari.
What to bring on a Uganda safari and Rwanda safari.
- Clothing in earth tone. Avoid bringing bright colored clothes while coming on a Uganda safari because these easily attract insects, flies, bugs. More neutral clothes are recommended even when on a safari game drive.
- Long sleeves and long pants. Traveling through the Africa bush will require you to have long sleeves sometimes to avoid bites from insects, mosquitoes, protection from the sun and even though you travel in the hottest months it’s possible to rain in Uganda anything.
- Safari boots or hiking boots are more recommended while during a Uganda because it mightier get muddy and slippery sometimes. Moreso they provide best protection from snake bites and your feet against sunshine. Don’t walk barefooted.
- A sweater, jacket or fleece because it usually gets cold in the morning and evening while on a safari.
- Hat to protect you from the sun
- Sunglasses to shield your eyes from direct sunlight
- Waterproof bag. You may want to keep your items such as camera away from the red dust of Africa and in case it rains on a Uganda safari.
- Camera, extra memory card and batteries plus binoculars. You will want capture the wow moments on the safari and perhaps shot the leopard resting up in the tree branches with your binoculars.
- Power adapter with 3 to 4 sockets and plug converters
- Insect repellent to avoid bites with in the African bush and jungle.
- Moisturizer and conditioner. Some parts on the safari might be dry which will require to have these on you.
- Personal medicine in case of any special medical requirements
- Cash because most safari destination don’t have ATMs yet you may need to buy something while their or tip your service providers.
- Snacks could be useful on traveling to you safari destination